Join Our Team as a Landscape, Timber, Building & Hardware Supplies Sales Associate (full-time position)
Are you ready to embark on a one-of-a-kind career opportunity?
Join us at WOOD’N’LOGS as a Landscape Supplies & Timber Sales Associate, and be part of a team that's making a difference in the world of landscaping, construction and hardware supplies.
At WOOD’N’LOGS, we're more than just a retail store – we're a trusted provider of top quality landscape supplies, building timber and hardware. With a focus on delivering top-notch products and impeccable customer service, we've been a pillar in our community for 40 years.
We have a diverse range of products including bulk landscaping materials, as well as all things landscape, outdoor treated timber, decking, hardware and building supplies. Known for our personalised service, we strive to deliver customer satisfaction in every transaction, and offer expert advice every time.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our unique workplace in a full-time capacity.
As a Landscape Supplies & Building Timber Sales Associate, you will play a crucial role in our team's success. This role is perfect for someone who can work autonomously while also contributing positively to the collective outcome of our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting customers in selecting the right landscape supplies, building timber and hardware
• Providing expert advice and product recommendations to meet customer needs
• Operating a point-of-sale system and processing customer transactions
• Phone and email sales and follow up
• Maintaining a clean, organised and welcoming store environment
• Collaborating with our delivery team to ensure customers receive their orders correctly and on time
• Additional stock control / purchasing / responsibilities may be introduced to the right candidate
To thrive in this position, you should have:
• Strong knowledge of landscape supplies, building timber, or hardware & building products, along with a willingness to learn new products
• An upbeat, ‘can-do’ attitude, exceptional customer service skills, a drive to deliver exceptional customer service and the ability to build positive relationships with customers, contractors and suppliers
• An ability to work autonomously, take initiative and solve problems
• Strong teamwork and communication skills to contribute positively to our team's collective success
• A passion for the industry and a desire to learn and grow
• Be physically fit as there are manual tasks and some lifting
• An ability to work with numbers & equations to quote and assist customers
• Ability to work some weekends & public holidays
• A valid driver’s licence, reliable car, police clearance and right to work in Australia
Whilst not essential, these will also be looked upon favourably:
• MR Truck Licence
• Forklift licence
• Loader licence
• Outdoor building knowledge (verandas, decks & carports)
Why join our team?
• A fun, diverse and interesting workplace where every day can be different
• Opportunity for growth and expansion
• A flexible, 7 day rotating roster system
• A supportive team environment
• Opportunities to expand your knowledge in the landscape, construction and hardware industry
• Be part of a company that values quality and customer satisfaction
If you're ready to be a part of a team that values your individual contributions and works together for success, apply today and become a part of WOOD’N’LOGS family.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please click the 'APPLY NOW' button below, and send your resume and a brief cover letter addressed to the Business Manager.
WOOD’N’LOGS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.